Sunday, December 11, 2011

One week at home.

I am soooo tired!  Christmas season is not the ideal time to bring a new toddler home. 

Here is how our first week went.  Our family and friends met us at the airport which was awesome!  It was so nice to see everyone and be able to share Polina with everyone.  She was such a trooper.  After all that travel she was smiling and hugging everyone.  She opened a couple of gift with a big "Ohhh".  She fell asleep on the way home and we put her in bed and she slept until about 3:30am.  As soon as she was up, she was exploring and happy.  That night family came over and the Sykes family.  Polina turned on the charm and received her gifts with a big "OHHH" "EWWW".  She even gave Mike a big hug.  We had decided to start our "cocooning" on Monday when everyone went back to work.  That has worked well for us.  I take Brett to school every day which is about a 10 min trip to help her realize that we will go back home.  She still gets nervous and starts to rock.  We have had people bring dinner every night which has been a God send!!!  That has been such a big help.   I have read so much about attachment and know the importance that I wear myself out trying to take every opportunity I can to work on it.  By the end of the day I'm exhausted and in bed by 8 or 9pm.  Polina is slowly warming up to Joe but still gets nervous if I leave the room.  I hope this changes soon as I need the break sometimes.  There have been times throughout the week where Polina has tried to reject me as well (ie. I put her on the slide and instead of sliding down to me she looks away as if to tell me to go away.)  She also gets really mad at times and will try to hit me in the face or pull my hair.  This has not been too frequent though, most of the time she is super sweet and wants to play and hug.  She loves to go outside and she loves to dance.

Today is Joe's birthday, Brett has a basketball game and homework, and Jaxon has 2 birthday parties to go to.  Did I mention that I'm worn out?        I have added some pictures to previous post. 




  1. Like the pictures, and glad to see things are going as well as they are. Love Mom*

  2. you know what, when we came home with Ava...I purposely went and ran errands without Ava Grace so that she would bond to Tom without me in the room, he played with her and it worked beautifuly!

  3. I tried to comment earlier but was having technical difficulties. I have thought of you often and kept meaning to send you an email. I am so happy for you. I am glad to hear that Miss P is doing so well!! I can only imagine how exhausted you are but it shall pass. Or you will just get used to being so tired! Ha!