Thursday, January 24, 2013

Nerf

My oldest boy turned 9 this year and is crazy about Nerf guns.  He ask me for a Nerf party so I googled it and found some pretty great ideas from people that have way more time than I do!  You see, Polina's birthday is the end of October and my 2 boys and husband are all within the first 2 weeks of December!  So I have become a master at outsourcing during this time of the year.  I came up with the idea of hiring the 2 teenage boys that live next door to be the platoon commanders.  In November I sent this email to each kid...

Subject:  Telegram for (child's name) 

I found long sleeved camo shirts at Old Navy for $4 a piece.  My son and I came up with 2 names for the teams.  We created logos for each on the computer and then I printed them on special paper and ironed them on the back of the shirt.


Golden Vipers

Silver Hawks 


I found a place on Amazon that made personalized dog tags 2 for $5!
Each one was engraved with their name and  team.   

My dad picked up a bunch of boxes from a local appliance store and my husband and neighbor boys set them all up in the backyard.
 

Needless to say the kids all had a BLAST!  It was hands down the easiest party I ever threw and the kids were talking about it weeks later.


The birthday boy.






2 comments: