Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Room Reveal

So after lots of hard work from some very awesome people here are the pictures of her room!!    When I started thinking about her room I knew I wanted it to represent where she came from but I didn't want it to scream Russia.  While in a souvenir shop in St Petersburg, I saw a beautiful painting of a ballerina.  It was the perfect inspiration for the room.  When I got home my sister and I started brainstorming ideas and we came up with a dance studio.  We named the studio the "The Imperial Ballet Academy".  It is painted above the mirror but its hard to tell at this angle.  In the picture below, my father in law framed the mirror and hung the ballet bar.  The paintings were done by this incredible artist here in town Melissas Murals.  I found the material for the curtains from a wonderful children's book illustrator, Joy Allen.  I just happened on her website when I was looking for fabric.  I ordered the fabric and she sent me a signed copy of her book for our little one.  Of all things I saw her book at the grade school book fair this  year!  I can't thank my friend Tracy enough for asking her neighbor to make the curtains for me.  What an awesome gift! The light fixture was a gift from my neighbor, Jennifer.  She had found this at a garage sale and refurbished it for me.  Then my wonderful father came over and hung it.  Joe and I hung the mirror and made the little tutu stool out of some more of Joy's fabric.

In this picture you can see some more of Melissa's artwork and 2 pieces of art from an artist I found on Etsy. She custom made the paintings to match the room and reflect our daughters hair and eye color.  The little high chair is a gift from my sister Deanna and my mom bought the little book on the table to go with her room.
These letters were my friend Jennifer's idea.  She got the idea on Pinterest and had everyone at my baby shower decorate a letter.  Even the little girls helped.  I thought they turned out great!


Here is one last picture of Melissa's art work.  She did an amazing job.  The room is not done yet.  I still have the hang the ballet shoes that my sister had framed and some finishing touches but I thought it was close enough to go ahead and post.

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Absolutely precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome, Crystal! P is already such a blessed little girl because it is so obvious how excited you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is super cute! I love the little ballerina painted on the wall in the last photo. Very creative!! It's ready for that precious girl!

    ReplyDelete